Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blog Post #6 Growing my PLN

I joined the LinkedIn group Succeed: Small Business Network, Powered by Staples (https://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostRecent=&gid=4733823&trk=my_groups-tile-flipgrp) I selected this group because I would like to start my own business within the next five years. I reviewed the material this group offers and I felt it would be beneficial for me to absorb other people’s experiences with their businesses. I reviewed Bookkeeping Tips for Business Owners, and learned a great way to keep track of and document expenses is to use a business card instead of using cash. Doing so will show those charges on a statement which usually categorizes charges making it easier to track expenses.

I am now following Self Esteem blog (https://twitter.com/SelfesteemBlog) on Twitter. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I want to help women and children develop a strong sense of self-worth, self-esteem, and self-love. I followed this because I felt I would gain a lot of inspiration I could pass on to people I come into contact with. After exploring followers of the Self Esteem Blog I decided to follow Consciously Beautiful (https://twitter.com/CBIAmEnough). I believe Self Esteem Blog is following Consciously Beautiful because they share the same desire to help people see their true inner beauty. I chose to follow Consciously Beautiful because I loved their message: “…Consciously Beautiful: I Am Enough is an intimate depiction of real women on their quests to love the reflection they see in the mirror.” Love it!

3 comments:

  1. Veronica, I believe that you have chosen the right group to join for the linkedin. If I would be in your situation, I would also look for a group that has the same mindset of building and starting up business in order for me to learn and be familiarize on things that must be done first and what are the things that must be considered. On the other hand, you may also follow groups that has business strategies and find some helpful tips there of how to start your own business. Overall, you have made a good choice of group to join and I am excited to see how your group could change you and enhance you to become a successful businesswoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee
    We think alike. I also joined Succeed and for basically the same reason. I did not see the bookkeeping tips discussion. I probably should search for it and read some of the posts. I did read some posts on the most important thing about starting a small business. It was interesting; you can see my comments in my blog if you care to read it. The tip about using a business card for purchases makes sense. I do that for personal expenses already. It is a good way to keep track of expense and you can rack-up points to use for other things or cash back.
    Consciously Beautiful sounds like an uplifting tweet to follow. I like that they are encouraging us to be happy with what we are. The older I get the more beauty I see in all people. As a younger person I was more judgmental and harsher in my self-assessments. I now see beauty in the small attributes that we all possess, and have grown more appreciative of imperfections that make us who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, I didn't know about Succeed but what a wonderful way to learn key important aspects for your business. What type of business do you want to start? In using a business card will you still have to use a bookeeping program such as Quickbooks? Does the business card tracks expenses only? A card will definitely be simplier than receipts for tracking purposes.

    I also liked the self-esteem blog you have chosen to follow. Having daily or hourly tweets to boost our self-esteem would be fantastic. I am going to add both of these to my PLN. Thanks for some great links!

    ReplyDelete