Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blog Post #7 Evolving Technology

I was really surprised to read the history of microsharing. I found it extremely fascinating to learn how the medical field pioneered the use of microsharing to their advantage. Before reading our chapters I had no idea the impact microsharing had on the network of medical professionals. It’s amazing how technology changed things for the better.

A long time ago I completed an internship in the Radiology Technology department of Magic Valley Regional Medical Center. I worked a couple of night shifts. There were a couple radiology techs but no doctors working these shifts. I remember thinking that was really strange.
Finally, I asked one of the techs how they were able to get results in a timely manner when doctors weren’t in the hospital. She explained they worked with a network of doctors located in many different areas of the globe. This allowed doctors in Twin Falls not to have someone working the night shift because a doctor in Japan could receive the images electronically during the day and make an assessment. I thought this was a brilliant idea.
It wasn’t until I reviewed our readings that I was able to connect my experience with the evolution of microsharing to what it is today. It truly takes change leaders to learn about and promote new technologies. Without the small group interested in using microsharing technology the way doctors currently share information would not be possible. I find that truly inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vees,
    This is the technological age. The science has advanced to a great extent. Keeping this in mind the world of technology has evolved and hence you see all the beautiful and amazing inventions around you. The concept of Microsharing is not new. It has been around for a while now but it has been recently implemented. I agree with you that the technological advancements like Microsharing and Teleworking has made our lives easier and made boosted the conventional communication methods. I am glad that you were fortunate enough to work in a practical environment and dealt with the real life scenario. That must have given you a better exposure and helped you in learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee,
    I also think technology is a great tool when use for the right reasons. In order to come up with this type of ideas it requires a person who thinks outside the box. Sounds like microsharing has made it easier for doctors to have a little more relax life and have more time for those emergency calls. I also think connecting with all this doctors around world and sharing ideas will increase each other’s learning. I believed that technology will make lives easier for those who want to take advantage of this great tool. Thanks for sharing this great experience.

    ReplyDelete